Please note that all start times may vary on the days of the event. We recommend being present at least 30 minutes prior to your event just in case of any changes that could occur.
Friday December 1st
- 2:00 PM: Registration Desk Opens for participants to pick up packets
- 2:00 PM: Ballroom Opens for Practice
- 3:00 PM: We kick off the 5th annual Alamo City Classic starting with Country Western Pro/Am and Amateur Free-Style Events
- Switch from your Country Western clothes into your club or rhythm attire for the evening during a small intermission.
- We commence with our Specialty Dances containing Pro/Am and Amateur Free-Style Events (Specialty Dances Include: Argentine Tango, Merengue, Salsa, Hustle, West Coast Swing, Bachata, & American Samba)
- We have one last break for the evening to get ready for our Show-dance Showdown.
- 7:00 PM: Join us for our first dinner event of this years competition with both new and old friends.
- 800 PM: We begin one of our favorite and most unique competitions the Show-dance Showdown!
- 9:00 PM: We will present awards to Top 3 winners of the Show-dance Showdown who will be asked to participate in saturday night’s show.
- 9:30 PM: We’ve finished our first day of competition and it’s time to get ready for Saturday!
Saturday December 2nd
- 8:30 AM: The Ballroom floor opens for practice so everyone can get warmed up.
- 9:00 AM: We kick off day 2 of the Alamo City classic starting with American Smooth Pro/Am & Amateur Free-Styles.
- American Smooth Multi-Dances & Scholarships
- After noon we begin our International Standard Pro/Am & Amateur Free-Styles.
- International Standard Multi-Dances & Scholarships
- We return back to the American styles of dance and start our American Rhythm Pro/Am & Amateur Free-Styles.
- American Rhythm Multi-Dances & Scholarships
- Our final competitive style for the competition will be International Latin Pro/Am & Amateur Free-Styles.
- International Latin Multi-Dances & Scholarships
- Take small break to either get yourselves ready for a beautiful dinner and show or maybe go tour the world renowned Riverwalk located right outside of the hotel
- We will start our evening with a special cocktail reception for everyone who purchased a competitor package.
- Take a seat, grab a drink, and relax for a fantastic meal with your fellow dancers. Take your time to enjoy the music, do some social dancing and talk about how well everyone did!
- Finally take your seat and get ready for a visual treat! We will have a mix of both awards presentations and our unique Pro Show. We have the honor having some of the Ballroom Dance world’s greatest mixed in with your top 3 show-dance showdown winners from the previous night in a special performance just for you.